Sunday 2 September 2012

Whispers II - Round 3


We had our Whispers meeting on Thursday and the next round officially began. I will be using Sue Hickman's lovely Venice inspired piece as my inspiration.


Our follow-on pieces are kept secret from the rest of the group so I can't tell you what I plan to do but the good news, from my perspective at least, is that I do have a plan. I'm going to experiment with a new technique and as I don't have to complete the piece until mid January, there should be time for a plan B if required.

Jan Simpson passed me her piece that had been inspired by my FOQ gridy piece. I thought mine would be a very difficult piece to follow as it didn't  have an obvious theme but Jan created a great piece which clearly linked to mine but yet was very different. I look forward to being in a position to show it to you.

Against the odds I completed my piece on time and it pretty much turned out, how I planned it. My piece was based on a photograph and the piece was pretty true to the photograph. I can't help questioning whether this is a good thing or not.  Should I have been more creative and moved it on from the photograph? I had taken a number of photographs until I had the composition I was looking for. Is that enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments - it would be great to hear from you