Tuesday 11 September 2012

No Blue Monday for me

It was a Monday and it was a work day but there was plenty to lift the spirit. Yesterday lunch time I was lucky enough to be able to see the Victory parade in the City. I knew I wouldn't be able to get there early to get a prime position and so I wasn't expecting to get a good view. 


But as you can see I got quite a good view, thanks to the athletes being on top of the bus. Not all my photographs were like this and there a number athletes who were obscured by waving flags or other people's cameras.


 
And if that wasn't enough, I saw the Red Arrows flying past the office window and you can see the coloured smoke from the planes above St Paul's Cathedral.
 
 


To cap off the day, I went to a talk by David Downton at the V&A in the evening. He was a very good and entertaining speaker who told us that he came to fashion illustration by 'accident' and relatively late in his career. We were shown some of the fashion illustrations that have inspired him as well as some of his own. I have collected a number of fashion illustrations over the years and really admire how the artists can say so much with so few lines. Not surprisingly, he advocates that we draw, draw and then draw some more. 


 
 
I'll be putting this book on my Christmas list. A very enjoyable and inspiring Monday - more of these please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments - it would be great to hear from you