Wednesday 28 November 2012

Altered Photographs - local field

In a previous post I showed you some examples of the photographs that I had worked into and I thought it would be interesting to see what would happen if I took one photograph and worked into it using different techniques and at last I have something to show you....

Scratched into and painted with koh-i-nor

Oil pastels over painted with koh-i-nor and some scatching into on the horizon
 


Emulsion painted over photograph and worked into
 
Black and white photograph over painted with koh-i-nor
 
This is the same image that I used in the earlier post, and I must say I prefer my earlier version. So much for 'practice makes perfect'!  There is one thing that I think has made a difference and that is the size of the photograph. On the course I used professionally printed photographs which were 5X7 inches and these photographs were only 3.5X5 inches.
 
If you were  thinking of drawing into your photographs I would recommend using a larger size, as it's much easier to see the details and to work into it.

2 comments:

  1. I quite like the last one, actually! Looks like an oil painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, Marian! I love doing things like this. The third one really stood out to me, but I agree about the last one too. How interesting to get such different effects from the same photo.
    Jane
    www.texturetrail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments - it would be great to hear from you