Friday 11 May 2012

Interventions Exhibition - 62 Group (Part 2)

Thank you to everyone who has given me such encouragement about my blogging. I would especially like to thank Gina who mentioned me in her blog and increased the awareness of mine. I hope that you will all come back!

As promised in my last post, here is a few more of the pieces that were in the 62 Group exhibition.

I really admire the work of Audrey Walker and the effects she creates. The layering and the directionality of the stitching always impresses me.  Audrey was inspired by the hats in the collection, which reminded her of her student days and trying hats on in Oxford Street.

Audrey Walker

Audrey Walker - Close-up

Anyone who read my Soft Circuit post will understand why I was interested to see Sumi Perera's bag in the exhibition.  This one was more complicated than mine and certainly more thoughtful.



Jeanette Appleton embedded delicate garment pieces into wool and moulded them to represent china. This could be another way to incorporate precious pieces into some textile art. 


There were many more pieces at the exhibition, some behind glass which made it difficult to photograph. Even if you weren't able to see the exhibition, I hope that through these posts, you have enjoyed seeing what you have missed!

On sale in the shop was the 62 Group's new book Radical Thread, which just had to be bought. So I bought it.


If you would like a preview of what's inside the book, then have a look at the publishers web site. You can preview a number of pages - well worth a visit.

Next time, I'll be back to share the results of some of my experiments printing with my gridy thermofax.

2 comments:

  1. Would have loved to have seen this exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marion, I just stopped by to read your blog, following the link on Gina's. Welcome to blogland! Really interesting posts, and I have signed up to be a follower so I will keep up with your news.
    Keep posting!
    Jane
    You can find me at http://texturetrail.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments - it would be great to hear from you