Tuesday 1 October 2013

Reelin' down the Rhine

I'm just back from a lovely week cruising down the Rhine and we had lovely weather.

There was mile after mile of vineyards and they created some very interesting patterns which reminded me of a very large patchwork quilt.

 

I still found time to do some stitching, which is just as well, as I would like to finish this 'reels in the landscape' piece in time for the exhibition in November. There's still quite a lot of work to be done and (unfortunately) I'm not sure about one or two of the colours and may even unpick some of the stitching which won't help me get it finished but I probably won't be happy with the piece unless I do. 
 
 
Taking this photograph reminded me how much more difficult it is to take a decent photograph when there is less light around and the colours of this piece are deeper than they appear here.

You can see where my idea for this piece came from in my previous post . Hopefully, it won't be too long before I have the finished piece to show you....maybe!

1 comment:

  1. The scenery down the Rhine looks stunning. Looking forward to seeing that stitched piece finished!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments - it would be great to hear from you