Thursday 31 January 2013

Paper Lamination - Tree Bark

 
In May, the North Herts and Beds branch of the Embroiderers' Guild will be holding an exhibition in Letchworth Arts Centre. The branch members have been asked to each create an A5 piece of work based on the theme of trees and this is my piece: 
 
 
 
 
The piece is based on a tree bark I saw in Namibia and this holiday has provided me with so much inspiration. I have layered two pieces of paper lamination and hand stitched it to background fabric. All the member's work will be mounted onto artists canvas. I think there will be lots of entries, who can fail to be inspired by trees? I can't wait to see them.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Marian. I must get started on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, Marian. I love the texture you have achieved and the kantha stitch is very striking.
    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.
    Jane
    www.texturetrail/blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments - it would be great to hear from you