Tuesday 31 July 2012

Gridy piece update

This piece of cloth has got through a number of printing processes, some of which you may have seen in earlier posts. What once was the back is now the front!


The picture shows pretty much all of the cloth but I still need to play the proportions of fabric I would like either side of the stripe. Again, I have a choice of orientation.


I have used some of the shapes that 'emerged' from a drawing  to create resists before I discharged a strip of fabric down the middle.


Here is a close up of the fabric, where you can  get some idea of the layering that has occurred.


My plan now is to add some stitching to the discharged strip of fabric. I'll show you when it's done but I really must concentrate and conclude on my Whispers design first. And it's so easy to get distracted by the Olympics too.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments - it would be great to hear from you