Saturday 16 June 2012

Whispers Round 2

The Whispers Textile Group met again recently. The aim was to show off our first finished piece and confirm our plans for the next round. I'm sorry to say that I was the only one who hadn't finished my piece but the girls were very understanding. Thank you.



As a Project Manager, I don't like to miss a deadline but I did due to 1) life getting in the way and 2) deciding that the piece would benefit from significantly more stitching. The one thing that makes me feel better is that the design is complete and the stitching will (hopefully!) enhance it but not significantly change it. Hopefully you can see from the picture above, what I mean. Nobody should be held up.

So now we are officially into the next round of the 'whisper'. My next piece will be based on Judith's Coxell's lovely Seatle skyline. This is a section of the piece:


The piece is approximately 44 X 16 inches. There are very few requirements for the next piece, it should be inspired by the Judith's piece,be  in sympathetic colours so that the two pieces could hang together in an exhibition and be 11 X 16 inches (about 1/4 of the size of the original piece). 


I do have a couple of ideas but lots of more thinking and designing required. And that's it. That's all I can say and all I will be able to say until all the whispers are complete. We want to work on our pieces without being restricted or influenced by anyone else's work. The suspense will build!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments - it would be great to hear from you